- I'm Not A Developer! What Is An API?
API is the acronym for Application Programming Interface, which is a software intermediary that allows two applications to talk to each other. Each time you use an app like Facebook, send an instant message, or check the weather on your phone, you’re using an API.
- I’ve never coded anything before and I have a sweet idea, how do I get started?
Head over to our Discord channel and chat with some of the developers and designers. Many of them would be happy to team up with you!
- What can I do with the data I get from the API?
Build awesome tools for yourself, or for the community! You can derive any information you’d like from the data, but you cannot scrape or store all of the data from the API.
- If I Have A Question Or Feedback About The PUBG Developer API What Should I Do?
Feel free to email us with comments, suggestions, or feature requests for the PUBG Developer API. You can also join us in Discord if you're interested in having a conversation.
- What Kind Of Things Do I Need To Know Before Requesting An Increase On The Api Key Rate Limit?
A few things! It should be clear how the API is used on your site / in your project. Please, make sure you provide a description of your project and about the API usage. If a project you are working on has a barrier to entry, please, provide all of the necessary info on how to access your site, and, please, keep all of the documentation up-to-date with the most recent descriptions of your application. Finally, your application should have no conflict of interest.
- What Do You Mean By "Bulk Scraping”?
While it is okay to pull random matches to obtain a sample set within reason, it is not okay to attempt to store all of the data in order to create a competing API or impersonate the official PUBG Developer API, as specified in the non-competition section of our terms. In addition, your cannot create a service that infers or concludes the size, activity, number of users or any other metric concerning other users, sales or financial information of PUBG. In general, you should try to stick to only pulling data for users of your service/site as requested.
- How Long Can I Store Data That I Obtain From The Api?
As long as you need. Just keep in mind that you cannot store all of the API data as described in the non-competition section of our terms.
- Why do you limit my requests?
To prevent abusive behavior and bad design practices. Having no API limits promote sloppy development tactics (like requesting the same information over and over again).
- Am I Allowed To Monetize My Service/Site?
Yes! You may do whatever you want with the PUBG Data as long as you follow the Terms of Service.
Development / Troubleshooting
- I found a bug in the API. How do I report it?
Click the “Report an API Bug” button in the bottom right corner, then fill out and submit the form. Please be sure to include specific examples to help us troubleshoot the issue..
- I submitted a bug report. What happens next?
Our team will begin investigating the issue as soon as possible. After a patch has been applied, we will include the details in the changelog.
- The documentation seems wrong. What do I do now?
If you find an error in the documentation, click “Report an API Bug” in the bottom right corner.
- I just played a game but my stats haven’t showed up yet, what’s the deal?
The API takes time to retrieve the matches. If you still haven’t seen your match in about 15 minutes, let us know and we’ll take a look!
- Where can I find assets to use on my project?
Data dictionaries and art assets can be found in the PUBG API Assets repo on Github
- How do I get a higher rate limit for the PUBG Developer API?
The default rate limit is 10 requests per minute for testing/development purposes only. Once you are ready to launch your tool, you can request a higher rate limit by logging into your account and clicking “I Need a Higher Limit” within the app tile.
- Can I Get Banned from the PUBG Developer API?
If you abuse the data in any way, or violate the terms of service, you will be banned from using the PUBG Developer API. Banning will result in the revoking of your API key and your email being blacklisted from creating new accounts.