Our Commitment to Privacy
If this Policy changes in the future, we will post an updated version on our website and that updated version will then be the Policy in effect. You can tell if this Policy has changed by checking the revision date that appears at the bottom. You may change how you provide your personal information to us at any time.
- Information We Collect
- Using Information We Collect
- Sharing Information We Collect
- Personal Information Retention and Removal
- Your Decisions on Receiving Marketing Communications
- Opt-Out of Information Sharing
- How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
- Links to Other Sites
- Your Rights
- Your Choices
- Your California Privacy Rights / Questions or Comments
Information We Collect
We may collect personal information from you, such as your name, email address, postal address, phone number, gender, birthday, and product preferences when you engage in any of the activities listed below:
- Place an order from our website
- Return an item or make an exchange from a previous purchase
- Inquire about our services
- Create an account (profile) at https://developer.playbattlegrounds.com or one of our affiliated websites
- Subscribe to receive our emails
- Enter a contest or sweepstakes
- Are referred to us through a marketing promotion
- Participate in a marketing survey, promotion, or event
- Navigate to and through our website (https://developer.playbattlegrounds.com)
We maintain a record of your product interests and the purchases you make. We may combine all of this information with information about you that we acquire from our joint marketing partners, from unrelated third parties, and from our other brands.
Personal information may also be required to enter into a contract with you or to perform a contract with you (such as to provide service at your request), and failure to provide any information may result in our inability to provide requested services or products.
Using Information We Collect
In the majority of cases, processing of your personal information will be justified on the basis that:
- the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you or take steps to enter into a contract at your request: Most of the time, the reason we process your information is to perform the contract that you have with us. For instance, as you go about using our Service, we use your information to maintain your account and your profile and to provide Service and customer support to you.
- the processing is in our legitimate interests, which are not overridden by your interests and fundamental rights: We may use your information where we have legitimate interests to do so. One of our legitimate interests are to use website user and visitor data to conduct and develop our Service and business activities with them. We may also analyze users’ behavior on our services to continuously improve our Service, we suggest offers we think might interest you, and we process information for administrative, fraud detection and other legal purposes.
- the processing is necessary for us to comply with a relevant legal obligation: For example, we may process your personal information to comply with applicable accounting rules which require keeping accounting records and to make mandatory disclosures to law enforcement.
To provide you with the best possible customer experience, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To process and fulfill your order, including to send you emails to confirm your order status and shipment
- To communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our products, services, contests, and promotions, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications
- To administer and fulfill our contests and other promotions
- To help us learn more about your preferences
- To help us address problems with and improve our site design, products and services
- To enhance your website and user experience
- To analyze trends and statistics
- To protect the security or integrity of our websites and our business
- To contact you
- To improve our merchandise selection and customer service
- To enroll you in our guest loyalty program (when and if one becomes available) so that you can be eligible to receive enhanced benefits for working with us
You have the option not to receive marketing information or calls. For instructions on opting out, please see the section entitled, Your Decisions on Receiving Marketing Communications, below.
Personal Information Retention and Removal
In principle, the Company will remove your personal information without any delay after the purpose of collecting personal information is achieved. Personal information stored as hard copy will be shredded or incinerated, and personal information stored as soft copy will be removed using a technical measures in a way that cannot be reproduced.
Your Decisions on Receiving Marketing Communications
You can review your personal information at any time. To access your personal information online, simply click [Your Account] at the top of any web page, sign in when prompted. You can update your personal information, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. We provide a choice in communication for customers so you can receive information from us at your discretion. We communicate with our customers by promotional email, mailings (postal) and telephone. If you would like to be removed from our promotional email, mailings (postal) or telephone lists, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com.
Please specify from which list(s) - "Do Not Email", "Do Not Mail", or "Do Not Call" - you would like to be removed from. Please note that requests by email may take up to ten business days to process.
Alternatively, if you do not want to receive promotional emails (i.e. not order-related) that notify you of new product arrivals, exclusive offers, upcoming events, store openings and the like, simply click the unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of any our emails. Please note, however, that this is for email only.
Opt-Out of Sharing Information
As noted above, we may share your information with our affiliated companies, when we partner with another company in a joint marketing program or if you purchase our products through our website or by placing a catalog order by phone or mail. If you want to opt-out of any sharing of your information with such entities, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
We may enable tracking technologies to collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites. We use this information to better understand your preferences and send you marketing and other promotional materials that may be of interest to you.
Your web browser may enable you to indicate your preference as to whether you wish to allow websites to collect personal information about your online activities over time and across different websites. At this time our site does not respond to the preferences you may have set in your web browser regarding the collection of such personal information, and our site may continue to collect personal information from you both while you browse and after you leave our website in the manner described in this Policy. We do not treat users differently if they have indicated that they do not wish to allow our websites to collect their personal information over time and across different websites.
We may enable third parties to collect personal information in connection with our sites. As described above, we work with a variety of advertising and third-party companies that use tracking technologies on our websites in order to provide tailored advertisements on our behalf and on behalf of other advertisers on the internet. This Policy does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, any collection of personal information by third parties on our sites.
We do our best to provide you with a safe shopping experience. We have in place certain physical, electronic, contractual, and managerial safeguards to protect the security and privacy of your personal information.
When you enter your personal information on our websites, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect your information as it is transmitted to us. To make sure you are accessing our secure server before you submit personal financial information, look at the lower left-hand corner of your browser. If you see an unbroken key or a closed lock (depending upon your browser), then SSL is active. To double-check for security, look at the URL or Location line of your browser. If you have accessed a secure server, the first characters of the address in that line should change from "http" to "https."
Identity thieves sometimes send fraudulent email messages to trick customers into divulging personal or financial information (a practice known as "phishing"). "Phishing" is a scam designed to steal your personal information. If you receive an email that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond. We will never request your password, user name, credit card information or other personal information through email. If you have received or entered personal information in response to a suspicious email, pop-up or phony website claiming to be affiliated with us, please email us at email@example.com immediately.
Subject to limitations in applicable law, you are entitled to object to or request the restriction of processing of your personal information, and to request access to, rectification, erasure and portability of your own personal information. To make requests, or if you have any other question regarding our privacy practices, please contact our Privacy Officer by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws. Please also see the Your Choices section of this Our Commitment to Privacy for additional choices regarding your information. In certain countries, including in the EU, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the appropriate data protection authority if you have concerns about how we process your personal information. The data protection authority you can lodge a complaint with notably may be that of your habitual residence, where you work or where we are established.
You can either choose to remove or to stop process of personal information at any time. If you wish to remove or stop process of your personal information, please contact us in writing or through e-mail.
You may visit the Company's website without providing any personal information. If you do not agree to provide personal information, the company may not be able to provide you with the game services, customer support, or related services.
Your California Privacy Rights / Questions or Comments
California's "Shine the Light" law, Civil Code section 1798.83, requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California customers asking about the businesses' practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. Alternately, such businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose personal information of customers to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes if the customer has exercised an option to opt-out of such information-sharing. We have such a policy. As discussed above, if you want to opt-out of any sharing of your information please contact us at: email@example.com
To find out information about any rights you may have under Civil Code section 1798.83, please contact us at the above address/telephone number/email address.